BSc Mathematics is a 3 year undergraduate academic degree course offered to those graduates who have successfully completed a program in mathematics. The minimum eligibility to pursue BSc Mathematics is a 10+2 qualification from a good school and the minimum percentage needed in 10+2 to do this course differs from college to college.
The admissions are granted based on the aspirants’ performance in the entrance exam, personal interview. The qualifying students are also supposed to clear a counseling round that is conducted only in case they have qualified their entrance examination.
BSc Mathematics Keypoints
- Duration: 3 years
- Eligibility: 10+2 from PCM/PCB (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, or Biology)
- Admission Process: Merit or Entrance exam
- Top Entrance Exams: GSAT, DUET
- Popular Courses after BSc Mathematics: MSc Information Technology, MBA, MSc Mathematics.
- Average Course Fee: INR 3,000 to 1,50,000
- Average Salary: INR 3 to 5 lakhs per annum
- Top Recruiting Companies: Qualcomm, Samsung, Edward Jones, Takshashila Consulting, Google, Videocon, LG, TCS Innovation Lab, Weizmann Institute, Ernst & Young,
- Top Job Areas: Commerce Industry, Colleges and Universities, Financial Sector, Research and Development Firms, Statistics, Technical, Journals, Utility Companies, etc.
- Top Job Positions: Accountant, Economist, Loan Officer, Mathematician, Researcher, Statistician, Technical Writer, Treasury Management Specialist etc.
The average fee charged by BSc Mathematics Colleges varies from INR 5,000 to 50,000 for a period of 3 years. The average fees depend upon the college, its national ranking, etc, and hence vary from college to college.
BSc Mathematics course is one of the best courses for those who want to enhance their awareness regarding the Mathematics concepts. The BSc Mathematical syllabus includes Trigonometry, Algebra, Calculus, Vector Calculus, Differential Geometry, Graph Theory, Complex Analysis, Real Analysis, Differential Equations, Lap Lace, among many others.
BSc Mathematics Eligibility
The minimum eligibility to pursue BSc Mathematics is:
- The students must have completed 10+2 from a recognized educational board with the minimum percentage marks needed. The cut-off marks for admission in this course differ from college to college so the students must cross-check the minimum marks needed before applying for the course.
- The candidates appearing for 10+2 examinations are also eligible to apply, but they need to show their exam report at the time of counseling (with minimum marks required).
- Some institutions conduct their entrance exam for granting admission. After filling in the application form, the candidate will be shortlisted as per the guidelines provided by the college. After the completion of all the selection rounds, the candidate will get the results regarding the admission.
BSc Mathematics Admission Process
The admission to the students for BSc Mathematics is granted on the performance basis and their overall scores in 10+2 level while some take an entrance test to select the eligible students for the course. Admission process generally varies across colleges so the students must visit the official website for accurate information.
BSc Mathematics Jobs & Career Options
BSc in Mathematics graduates can get employed easily within the organizations immediately after completing their studies. Some of the most sought, working areas for the BSc Mathematics graduates in leading organizations include:
- Risk Management
- Scientific Institutes