M.Sc. (Master of Science) Mathematics is a postgraduate course in Mathematics. The course has a duration of 2-years which is divided into 4 semesters. The main aim of the course is to provide in-depth knowledge to the students in advanced applied mathematics and prepare them for various research activities.
In order to be eligible for the course, the students must complete his/her graduation from a recognized university with a minimum of 50% score. However, students having a B.Sc./B.Tech./B.E. degrees are preferred. However, some colleges organize their own admission tests which the students have to clear if they wish to become a part of that particular college. Some of the subjects which come under M.Sc. in Mathematics are Real Analysis, Algebra, Number Theory, Probability Theory, etc. The course also includes general subjects like Physics and Chemistry.
M.Sc. Mathematics Eligibility
The eligibility for MSc in Mathematics is similar for most of the Universities here we have mentioned them in details,
- The student must complete his/her graduation from a recognized institute in order to be eligible for the course. They should also have English and Mathematics as their main subjects in graduation. Some universities like Delhi University require a minimum of 50% marks in graduation to fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- There is no minimum age limit required to pursue this course.
- In some cases, the students will also have to clear the admission test. They may also be called for a personal interview.
M.Sc. Mathematics Admission Process
The admission process for the M.Sc. The mathematics course begins in the month of March/April. The application forms are released in both online and offline mode and the students will be notified about it from the official website of the University. For most colleges, the admission process is direct and the students are admitted on the basis of the marks acquired by them on graduation. However, in some colleges, the students will have to appear for an additional entrance test. Here we have mentioned the various steps of admission.
M.Sc. Mathematics Job Prospects and Career Options
M.Sc. Mathematics offers different career opportunities to the students. After you have completed the course, you may opt for higher studies. You can also look for jobs in various sectors. Here, we have mentioned some of the most popular fields where M.Sc. Mathematics students are offered jobs:
- Aerospace companies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Market research firms
- Research and Development Firms
- Economic Research Firms
- Engineering Firms
- Social Research Institutes